(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesday, January 19, 2022 is out. The meeting is on Zoom (not in person).
The Council will convene at 5:30pm for executive session (not open to the public) to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts. The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Residents may email comments regarding the public hearing to: email@example.com. All comments must be received by 4:15 pm on the day of the meeting. The subject of the email should reference the hearing topic. Please include your name and address.
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARING, PLEASE ATTEND THE ZOOM MEETING VIA THIS LINK. Password: 439723
Or Telephone: US: (646) 558-8656 or (312) 626-6799 or (301) 715-8592 or (253) 215-8782 Press *9 to raise your hand to speak during the public hearing Webinar ID: 932 4026 7228 Password: 439723
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 15 agenda items.
- Ida Have a Long List. Post Ida Storm Update.
- Flagging Overdevelopment. Continue the public hearing to create a new local law amending Chapter 197 “Zoning” of the Code of the City of Rye setting new restrictions on lot width and configurations of properties in new subdivision; Continue the public hearing to create a new local law, Chapter 166 “Steep Slope Protection” regulating development on steep slopes; Continue the public hearing to create a new local law amending Chapter 53 “Architectural Review” of the Code of the City of Rye to amend authority and scope considered by the Architectural Review Board in reviewing applications.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Thank Your for Your Service. Open the public hearing to amend Chapter 177 “Taxation” Article X “Cold War Veterans Exemption” of the Rye City Code to increase the Real Property Tax Exemption for Veterans of the Cold War.
- Ida Know This Helps. Resolution to adopt the 2021 Westchester County Hazard Mitigation Plan update.
- Compost This. Resolution to extend the curbside Food Scrap Recycling program through March 31, 2022 in order to gather and review the 2021 program data.
- Dam Plan. Authorization to transfer an amount not to exceed $75,000 from the General Capital Projects account to the General Fund Engineering Consultant Account in order to complete the state required Emergency Action Plan and engineering assessment for the Bowman Avenue Dam.
- Retire, Again. Adjourn until March 16, 2022 the public hearing for consideration of a petition from The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code Association to create new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.