Rye Varsity Track finished fifth in the Class A Championships out of 13 teams competing.
“Cate Doyle finished 2nd in the 55 meters and Logan Brady was 2nd in the 55 hurdles,” said Rye Varsity Track Coach John McGee. “The 800 play team of Sophia Bubeck, Megyn Coyne, Teresa Garate and Cate Doyle finished third. Freshman Signe Olsborg finished 2nd in the HJ clearing 4’8.”
- Logan Brady was 5th in the weight throw.
- Blanca Navarro Bandeira was a double scorer placing 3rd in the triple jump and 2nd in the long jump.
- Sophomore Sofie Fu was 5th in the triple jump.
- For the boys Sam Tambe finished 5th in the 55.
- In the 600 Christian Ellis finished 3rd and Nick McGuire finished 6th.
- Dom Cich was a double winner for the boys placing 3rd in the 1600 and winning the 2 million 9:36.
- In the 800 relay the boys were 4th (Joe Chai, Max Hutson, Ryan Kovacs, Max Seller). The boys mile relay was 1st in a time of 3:37 ( Alex Heldman, Nick McGuire, Sam Tambe, Christians Ellis).
- In the long jump Ryan Kovacs was 6th and in the weight throw James Sure was 6th.