The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesday, December 21, 2022 is out. The meeting will be held in-person at Rye City Hall.
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Residents may email comments regarding the public hearing to: email@example.com. All comments must be received by 4:00 pm on the day of the meeting. The subject of the email should reference the hearing topic. Please include your name and address
The council will convene at 5:30pm for executive session to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts.
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- I Swear! Swearing-in of full-time City Court Judge Valerie A. Livingston by Judge Joseph Latwin.
- Ida Don’t Want Another One. Flooding Update.
- Cash Buffer for Nature. Resolution to accept a $284,000 grant from the Long Island Sound Futures Fund for the design of the Blind Brook Riparian Buffer Restoration at the Rye Nature Center.
- Money Talks. Continue the public hearing on the 2023 Budget.
- Lifting the Levy Limit. Open the public hearing to adopt a Local Law to override the State enacted tax levy limitation. Roll Call.
- Taxing. Resolution to adopt the 2023 Budget and establish the 2023 tax levy and 2023 tax rate. Roll Call.
- Transferring. Resolution authorizing the City Comptroller to make the necessary year-end closing transfers.
- Explosive! Continue the public hearing to adopt a new local law, Chapter 88 “Explosives, Blasting and Mechanical Rock Excavation”, Repeal Chapter 98, Fire Prevention, Article VII, Explosives and Amend Sections 133-8, 133-9 and 133-10 of the Code of the City of Rye.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- BAR Free? Resolution to set a public hearing for January 4, 2023 to amend Chapter 196 “Wireless Telecommunications Facilities” of the Code of the City of Rye to remove a mandatory referral to the Board of Architectural Review.
Book It! Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement with the Rye Free Reading Room to furnish library services for 2023. Roll Call.
- Tree City USA. Resolution to participate in the Tree City program.
- Legal Cash. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to sign a retainer agreement with McDermott Will and Emery for a fixed cost of $40,000 with authorization to transfer these funds from Undesignated Fund Balance.
Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council approval.
Thank Your for Your Service. Farewell to Councilwoman Hurd.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at 6:30pm.