The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesday, January 18, 2023 is out. The meeting will be held in-person at Rye City Hall.
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Residents may email comments regarding the public hearing to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All comments must be received by 4:00 pm on the day of the meeting. The subject of the email should reference the hearing topic. Please include your name and address.
The Council will convene at 6:00 p.m. and it is expected they will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts.
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 17 agenda items.
- Ida Don’t Want Another One. Flooding Update.
- The 911. Consideration of proposed policies for the City of Rye Fire Department:
a. Policy #901 – Personal Protective Equipment
b. Policy #905 – Illness and Injury Prevention Program
c. Policy #1016 – Nepotism and Conflicting Relationships
d. Policy #1027 – Smoking and Tobacco Use
- Banking on It. Resolution to authorize the addition of New York Liquid Asset Fund (NYLAF) as an authorized depository of the City of Rye.
- Road Prep. Resolution authorizing $300,000 of bond proceeds to be used to begin site preparation for the Salt Shed. Roll Call.
- Walking It Forward. Presentation and public comment on Forest Avenue Sidewalk Project. Residents may email comments to email@example.com.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Just STOP. Consideration to set a public hearing for February 1, 2023 to adopt a local law amending Chapter 191, Article II “Traffic Regulations” of the Code of the City of Rye, by amending § 191-12 “Stop intersections.” to add three new stop signs at Forest Avenue at Van Wagenen Avenue, Highland Road westbound at Club Road and Van Rensselaer Road at Kirby Lane.
- No Parking. Consideration to set a public hearing for February 1, 2023 to adopt a local law amending Chapter 191, Article III “Parking Regulations” of the Code of the City of Rye, by amending § 191-19 “No Parking Anytime.” to prohibit parking on the north side of Central Avenue between Maple Avenue and Summit Avenue.
- Can You Hear Me Now? Continue the public hearing to consider an application from Airosmith Development engaged with AT&T to modify an existing facility located at 66 Milton Rd that does not substantially change the physical dimensions of the current facility.
- How About Now? Set a public hearing for February 1, 2023 for consideration of an application from AT&T to upgrade an existing public utility wireless communications services facility at 350 Theodore Fremd Ave. and refer the application to the BAR for an advisory opinion.
- All Aboard. Resolution to accept donation of a 4’x 60’ Section of dock as well as (4) 3’x 20’ finger docks to the Boat Basin from Starboard Properties, valued at $85,000. Roll Call.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 6:30pm.