The Rye Fund for Education (RFE), a non-profit supporting the Rye City School District, was relaunched in the fall of 2022. Through a grant making process, the RFE supports projects beyond the scope of Rye schools’ annual budget.
MyRye.com will occasionally profile the grants made by RFE. Today we look at a $7K grant for Tang Math.
The RFE’s first annual spring benefit will be on Thursday, May 4th at the Shenorock Shore Club.
What: Tang Math subscriptions
Grant Size: $6,885
Rye City School District Impact: All three elementary schools – Midland, Milton and Osborn
Students Impacted: All elementary students
Tell me more:
This grant is for Tang Math subscriptions for all three elementary schools. Tang Math provides logic puzzles and word problems that help to foster students’ number sense and critical thinking skills within mathematics.
Deployed: January 2023
What The Teacher Says:
“My class is so excited to have these. WIN has been very exciting this week… I appreciate this amazing resource. It has already made a difference with my students in 1 week!” – Jaime Gabbriellini, 1st grade teacher, Midland School
- Tang Math offers differentiated logic puzzles and word problems
- Puzzles can be done independently or in groups
- Helps to push and challenge higher- level math thinking
- Foster critical thinking skills, effective collaboration and creative problem solving
- Help meet the needs of students with a more rigorous academic program