The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesday, March 15, 2023 is out. The meeting will be held in-person at Rye City Hall.
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Residents may email comments regarding the public hearing to: email@example.com. All comments must be received by 4:00 pm on the day of the meeting. The subject of the email should reference the hearing topic. Please include your name and address.
The Council will convene at 6:00pm and it is expected they will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts.
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 18 agenda items.
- Ida Don’t Want Another One. Flooding Update.
- Where There is Smoke, There is Regulation … Consideration of proposed additions to the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Fire Department:
● Policy # 804 – Patient Medical Record Security and Privacy
● Policy # 805 – Personnel Records
● Policy # 806 – Release of HIPAA Protected Information
● Policy # 903 – Personal Alarm Devices
● Policy # 904 – Hazard Communications
● Policy # 905 – Illness and Injury Prevention Program
Decked Out. Consideration of a request by Friends of Rye Nature Center (FRNC) for a new deck in accordance with the license agreement with the City of Rye.
- Taking Root. Presentation by Spring For Rye regarding planted trees.
MemberBlip. Resolution to issue credit to certain members of the Rye Golf Club.
MemberBlip. Resolution to amend the 2023 Adopted Fees and Charges for the Rye Golf Club 2022 Pool Membership category. Roll Call.
- Open Mic. Citizens may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Keep It Moving. Open the public hearing to amend Chapter 191, Article III “Parking Regulations” of the City Code to alter parking restrictions at the City Hall lot.
Holy Matrimony. Resolution to amend the 2023 Adopted Fees and Charges for the Clerk’s office. Roll Call.
Y Mead Place? That’s Y. Set a public hearing for April 26, 2023, to adopt a new local law to amend Chapter 191 “Vehicles and Traffic” by adding a new Part 4 “Residential On-Street Parking Permit System” and adding Article IX “Residential On-Street Parking Permit Regulations” to the Code of the City of Rye. (Mead Place parking district)
20% Expected Rate Hike. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to retain attorney Joel R. Dichter, Esq. of Dichter Law LLC for an amount of $30,000 for professional fees and services regarding Veolia water rate increases. Roll Call.
$80K for Bus Service. Award bid for Rye Recreation Summer Camp Bus Services. Roll Call.
- Consenting Adults. Consent agenda.
- a) Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 and the Ladies Auxiliary of Post 128 to approve a parade to commemorate Memorial Day to be held on Monday, May 29, 2023, from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
b) Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 and the Ladies Auxiliary of Post 128 to hold a Memorial Day Ceremony on the Village Green event to be held on Monday, May 29, 2023, from 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
c) Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 and the Ladies Auxiliary of Post 128 to have a food truck on Haviland Lane at the Memorial Day event to be held on Monday, May 29, 2023, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council
There will be a joint meeting of the City Council and the School Board on Saturday, April 22, 2023 at 9:00am.