The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Residents may email comments regarding the public hearing to: email@example.com. All comments must be received by 4:00 pm on the day of the meeting. The subject of the email should reference the hearing topic. Please include your name and address.
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended. The Council will convene at 6:00pm and will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items.
- The Internship. Recognition of summer interns.
- Ida Hope for No Water. Flooding Update.
- Hot Topic. Resolution to create a Climate Smart Communities Task Force.
- Hot Topic. Resolution to name the members of the Climate Smart Communities Task Force and appoint a Coordinator.
- Sinking Feeling, Fees Rising. Resolution to adopt new winter storage fees for residents and non-residents at the Boat Basin. Roll Call.
- Cap the Ex. Review of the City’s 5-year Capital Program.
- Big Pile of Dough. Authorization to purchase a new Sewer Pump Truck for $545,912.28 with monies from the Building and Vehicle Maintenance Fund. Roll Call.
- Show Me the Money. Presentation of the 6-month financial results from Comptroller, Joe Fazzino.
- Dropping Off New Rules. Open a public hearing to amend Chapter 191, Article III “Parking Regulations” of the Code of the City of Rye, by amending § 191-21 “Parking, Standing or Stopping.” to prohibit parking, standing, or stopping from 100 ft North of Parsons Street to the entrance of Old Post Road on the west side of Boston Post Road.
- Open Mic. Members of the public may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Gimme That Before the Next Flood. Resolution authorizing the City to exercise its authority to take a parcel of property by eminent domain for the repair of the Theodore Fremd Wall.
- Taxing. Adoption of the 2023/2024 tax levy and tax rate for the Rye Neck Union Free School District. Roll Call.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, September 13, 2023, at 6:30pm.