The Game – the annual Rye-Harrison football match up – is this Saturday, September 2nd, 2023 at Harrison. Game time is 1:30pm.
The game letter sent to Rye families Monday afternoon from Athletic Director Susan Reid Dullea is just below:
- The Game preview by Steve “The OG” Feeney
- Why The Game is being played so early this year by Matt Capaldi
Dear Rye Families:
It is with pleasure that I invite you to watch the 2023 Rye Harrison Football game on Saturday, September 2, at 1:30 p.m. at Harrison High School’s McGillicuddy Stadium.
We ask for your assistance and cooperation to help uphold and maintain the great tradition of competition and sportsmanship that is a hallmark of this storied rivalry.
The following is a list of expectations and information that we hope you will find helpful in preparation for game day. As always, we thank you for your continued support and we look forward to a great game.
Rye Harrison Football Game: Saturday, September 2, 2023 Kickoff Time: 1:30 p.m.
- Gates will open and spectator tickets will go on sale at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, September 2, at Harrison’s McGillicuddy Stadium located at Harrison High School.
- The game will be live-streamed free of charge for the wider Harrison and Rye communities on the LocalLive network using this link. The link will be live 10 minutes prior to kick-off.
- There will be limited parking at Harrison High School. Additional parking will be provided at 550 and 600 Mamaroneck Avenue in Harrison. Shuttle buses will be provided free of charge to and from the stadium.
- Ticket Price: $5 (cash only) for adults and children age 5 and older; children under the age of 5 will be admitted free of charge.
- Children must be supervised at all times. We are expecting a large crowd and everyone’s cooperation is needed to ensure safety.
- No coolers, bottles, insulated cups, or outside drinks are permitted. Refreshments will be available for purchase on-site.
- The Harrison High School campus is alcohol, drug, and smoke-free. The Harrison and Rye Police Department will be on-site to help enforce these rules. Anyone who is in violation may be subject to removal from the property.
Reminders for this game (and all athletic events):
- No banners/signs/fatheads (photo-player likenesses)
- No face paint
- No coolers
- No open containers or beverages of any sort; no insulated cups
- No backpacks (all bags are subject to search)
- No horns, noisemakers, etc.
- No dogs or other pets
The annual bonfire will be held Friday, September 1, at 7:30 p.m., at Rye High School, behind the visitors bleachers. The Rye Harrison JV football game will be played at Rye High School on Saturday, October 28, at 11:00 a.m.
On behalf of the varsity football team and the entire Garnet family, I encourage you to watch the game and to join us in proudly representing Rye in all the activities surrounding this long-standing and friendly athletic rivalry.
Thank you for your enthusiasm and support!
Susan Reid Dullea
Director of Health, Physical Education, and Athletics