The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 6:00pm on Wednesday, September 13, 2023 is out. The meeting will be held in-person at Rye City Hall.
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended. The Council will convene at 5:00pm and will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 14 agenda items.
- Fewer Words, More Video. Draft unapproved minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held August 9, 2023. At the recommendation of the City Manager and City Clerk, the manner of presenting the City Council minutes is being altered. Historically, detailed written minutes were taken and adopted by the Council at the following meeting. With the advent of recorded meetings, many municipalities have moved away from this practice, and have simplified minutes to include basic information, while still including all resolutions, votes etc. With the August 9 City Council meeting, we have migrated to this practice. Furthermore, given our integrated technology capabilities, we are embedding the accompanying video links to each agenda matter. This provides for an exact record of the proceeding, and a convenient way to review the meeting. All of this is done in compliance with the law.
- Ida Don’t Want Another One. Flooding Update.
- Altering the Math. Resolution to set a public hearing for October 4, 2023, amending Chapter 177 “Taxation”, Article III, “Senior Citizens Exemption” to alter the income calculation used to determine exemptions. & Resolution to set a public hearing for October 4, 2023, amending Chapter 177 “Taxation”, Article VIII, “Exemption for Persons with Disabilities and Limited Incomes” to alter the income calculation used to determine exemptions.
- Capital Ideas. Update on Capital Projects and anticipated Council actions.
- Open Mic. Members of the public may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- eBay It. Resolution to declare certain equipment as surplus.
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Pink. Consideration of a request by the Soul Ryeders & Friends to have a TieTheTownPink breast cancer awareness campaign in the City of Rye during the month of October 2023.
- Pucker Up. Consideration of a request from the Rye Chamber of Commerce for use of Purchase Street from the Village Green to Purdy on Sunday, November 26, 2023, for the Mistletoe Magic event.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, October 4, 2023, at 6:30pm.