(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, October 4, 2017 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, October 4, 2017 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and adjourn into Executive Session to attorney/client matters.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 27 agenda items.
- Homerun. Recognition of the Rye Little League Boys Baseball District 20 Championship Winners.
- Grand Plan. Presentation by BFJ Planning on the City of Rye Comprehensive Master Plan.
- Capital Plan. Presentation of the 2018-2022 Capital Improvements Program.
- Financial Plan. Presentation on City Financials by Brendan K. Kennedy of the auditing firm of BST & Co, LLP.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Can You Hear Me Now? Continuation of the Public Hearing to amend the Rye City Code: (a) local law Chapter 133, “Noise”, by amending Section §133-4, “Points and method for measuring intensity of sound” to regulate placement and noise of telecommunication devices; (b) local law Chapter 167, “Streets and Sidewalks”, to add a new 196, “Wireless Telecommunications Facilities”, by amending Sections §196-3 through §196-8, §196-14, §196-17, §196-18, and §196-22 to regulate wireless facilities and structures regarding size, visual impact and permit process.
- Crowned. Continuation of the Public Scoping Meeting on the Crown Castle application pursuant to the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA).
- Poo Tax. Continuation of the Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 161, “Sewers”, of the Rye City Code by amending Article II, “Sewer Rents”, to order costs for infrastructure maintenance and access to be charged to all customer classes located in such municipality.
- H2O Data. Authorization for the City Manager to enter into an agreement with Brown & Weinraub, PLLC to represent the City before the New York Public Service Commission to allow municipalities to receive water usage data.
- Hydrant Tax. Consideration of a Resolution to petition the Public Service Commission (PSC) to order hydrant costs for infrastructure maintenance and access to be charged to all customer classes located in such municipality. and… Consideration of a Resolution to petition the Westchester Joint Water Works (WJWW) Transportation Corporation Board to order hydrant costs for infrastructure maintenance and access to be charged to all customer classes located in such municipality.
- Fore Lower Taxes. Consideration of a request from the Rye Golf Club Commission to commence an Article 7 tax certiorari proceeding against the Board of Assessment Review. Roll Call.
- Blue Changes. Consideration of the proposed changes and additions to the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department:
- General Order #102.2 regarding the rank structure of the City of Rye Police Department
- General Order #102.3 regarding the authority and command of police officers on duty
- General Order #102.4 regarding job classifications of the City of Rye Police Department
- General Order #113.4 regarding policies and procedures for the identification, collection, and preservation of physical evidence
- General Order #116.3 regarding the performance evaluation of City of Rye Police Personnel
- General Order #117.7 regarding the use of safety belts/restraining devices in City of Rye Police Department vehicles
- Patronage. Four appointments to the Rye Golf Club Commission for a three-year term expiring January 1, 2021.
- Patronage. One appointment to the Board of Architectural Review for a three-year term expiring January 1, 2020.
- 61st Annual. Consideration of a request by the Rye Little League to approve a parade to kickoff Opening Day of the 61st Little League Season on Saturday, April 14, 2018 beginning at 12:00 p.m.
- eBay. Resolution to declare certain City of Rye equipment as surplus. Roll Call.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 7:30pm.