The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesday, December 20, 2023 is out. The meeting will be held in-person at Rye City Hall.
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended. The Council will convene at 5:00pm and will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 22 agenda items.
- Upgrading PB1. Authorization to approve the purchase of a new Police Boat for $587,000 with monies from the Building and Vehicle Maintenance Fund. Roll Call.
- Talking Cash. Continue the public hearing on the 2024 Budget.
- Cash Ceiling? Open the public hearing to adopt a Local Law to override the State enacted tax levy limitation, if necessary. Roll Call.
- Show Me the Money. Resolution to adopt the 2024 Budget and establish the 2024 tax levy and 2024 tax rate. Roll Call.
- Blue for Israel. Ribbons on Poles and Trees in the City Right of Way.
- Green for Artificial Turf. Nursery Field Donor Group Agreement.
- Open Mic. Members of the public may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Fuel, Up and Out. Award bid for replacement of underground fuel tanks at DPW. Roll Call.
- $200K Gas Bill. Resolution to appropriate funds from the General Capital Projects account in the amount of $200,000 to complete the fuel tank and system replacement. Roll Call.
- In the Zone? Resolution to authorize Corporation Counsel to sign a stipulation settlement in Henry E. Gaillard v. City of Rye City Council and Miriam Osborn Memorial Home Association (Index No. 65743/2022).
- Moving Cash. Resolution authorizing the City Comptroller to make the necessary year-end closing transfers.
- Book It! Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement with the Rye Free Reading Room to furnish library services for 2024. Roll Call.
- Blue Cooperation. Resolution authorizing the City Manager or his designee to sign an MOA with Westchester County regarding mutual aid.
- Branching Out. Resolution to participate in the 2023 Tree City program.
- Making a Splash? Resolution authorizing Joel R Dichter to join on, and be a signatory to, the settlement agreement for the Veolia Water New York Rate Case pending before the New York Public Service Commission.
- eBay. Resolution to declare certain equipment as surplus.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, January 10, 2024, at 6:30pm.