(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 is out. See you at 8:00pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (live and archive). The Council will convene at 7:00pm in Executive Session to discuss discuss real estate and attorney/client matters. Office hours of the Mayor will be held at 6:30pm to 7:00pm in the Mayor's conference room just before the council meeting.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 27 agenda items.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – Highlights of the 2011 Governor’s Budget; Grant Awards for Bird Homestead Property Acquisition; Legal Update
- Tsunami. Presentation by the Government Policy & Research Committee on the Westchester
County flood law.
- Dragon Coaster. Presentation by the Playland Strategic Planning Committee on the recommendations for Playland.
- Red Light District. Presentation by the Traffic & Pedestrian Safety Committee on red light cameras.
- Checking Out Some Dough. Discussion on establishing funding for the Rye Free Reading Room through a Chapter 414 vote.
- Keep'in It Green. Discussion of a proposed Tree Ordinance by the Conservation Commission/Advisory Council.
- Storm OT. Resolution to transfer funds from contingency to the Public Works Department for costs pertaining to storm overtime and materials.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 8:00 pm.