(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, May 19, 2021 is out.
The council will hold the council meeting virtually at 6:30pm. The Council will convene via ZOOM CONFERENCE at 5:15pm and it is expected they will adjourn into a teleconference Executive Session to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters, and/or labor negotiations.
PURSUANT TO GOVERNOR CUOMO’S EXECUTIVE ORDER No. 202.1, REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE OPEN MEETINGS LAW HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AND PUBLIC BODIES MAY MEET WITHOUT ALLOWING THE PUBLIC TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT. FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL, CITY HALL WILL REMAIN CLOSED. THE MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM VIDEO-CONFERENCING WITH NO IN-PERSON LOCATION AND WILL BE BROADCAST ON THE CITY WEBSITE. A FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE MEETING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT A FUTURE DATE.
City of Rye residents may participate in the public meeting via the zoom link below. A resident wishing to speak on a topic should raise his or her hand and, when admitted to speak, should provide name and home address, and limit comment to no more than three minutes.
Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/97649874601?pwd=N3V5V2Fsd2IzazZCUTNhaFBubGtQdz09
Or phone: (646) 558-8656 or (301) 715-8592 or (312) 626-6799
Webinar ID: 976 4987 4601
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 21 agenda items.
- Continued? Purchase Plaza update.
- Smile, You’re on Candid Camera. Consideration of a proposed addition to the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department: General Order #117.10 establishing body camera guidelines.
- Standing Tall. Open a public hearing for May 19, 2021 to amend the Rye City Code Chapter 165 by adding a new section 165-6(F) City flag poles.
- Standing Tall. Consideration of a resolution establishing existing flags on City flag poles.
- No Smoking. Open a public hearing to add Chapter 166 “Smoking and Vaping” to the City Code.
- Lucky 7. Consideration of a resolution to authorize funding for DPW Building 7.
- Spending Coyne. Update on certain Cap Ex projects from Ryan Coyne, Superintendent of DPW.
- The Pothole Wars. Award bid for the Annual Street Resurfacing contract (Contract #2021-01).
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Hatching a Plan. Consideration of a request by Rye City Rotary and Rye Arts Center to install a public butterfly sculpture project.
- Doody Duty. Set a public hearing for June 9, 2021 to establish the assessment for the Kirby Lane South Sewer District.
- Speak Louder. Consideration of an application for a T-Mobile cell infrastructure upgrade on 350 Theodore Fremd.
- DoD to the Rye PD. Authorization for the Commissioner of Public Safety to sign an updated agreement with the NYS Law Enforcement Support Office (LESO) to set forth the terms and conditions with respect to the transfer of excess personal property from the Department of Defense (DoD) (1033 Program).
- eBay. Consideration of a request by the Police Department to dispose of obsolete and inoperable equipment.
- Hydration Celebration. Consideration of a request from Hannah Patrick, Dabney Lee store owner, to park a beverage truck either on Purchase Street or Locust Street from 10 am – 6 pm on June 10, 2021 to celebrate the store’s anniversary by providing free non-alcoholic beverages to pedestrians and store guests. The Council will need to waive section 144-8D and G of the City Code.
- Recr-EAT-ion. Resolution to waive section 144-8D and G of the City Code to permanently enable Recreation Superintendent to offer food trucks at:
-private events held from time to time at the park;
-lower camp, but not more than 1 truck on 2 occasions;
-upper camp, but not more than 1 truck once per week; and
-“lunch-or-dinner-in-the-park,” but not more than 2 trucks together on one occasion per week.
- Plussing Out The Plaza? Consideration of a request by the Rye Chamber of Commerce for the use of City streets for the Annual Sidewalk Sale to be held on Thursday, July 29, 2021 through Saturday, July 31, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.