(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 is out. See you at 8:00pm in Council Chambers in City Hall.
Meetings are also aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (live and archive). The office hours of the Mayor on will be held from 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm in the Mayor’s Conference Room.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – Update on FEMA 2008 and 2009 Local Project Grants; Legal Update
- The Bird for Albany. Continuation of Public Hearing to adopt a Local Law to override the State enacted tax levy limitation.
- 2012 Cash. Continuation of Public Hearing on the proposed 2012 Budget and Resolution to adopt the 2012 Budget and establish the 2012 tax levy and 2012 tax rate.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Book Deal. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute an agreement with the Rye Free Reading Room to furnish library services for 2012.
- These MyRye.com Stories for 2012. Resolution fixing January 11, 2012 as the first regular meeting and the designation of the days and time of regular meetings of the City Council for 2012.
- -n-Pepa. Resolution to transfer $40,000 from contingency to the Public Works Department to
purchase salt for storm coverage for the winter season.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, January 11, 2012.