(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 is out.
The council will hold the council meeting virtually at 6:30pm. The Council will convene via ZOOM CONFERENCE at 5:15 p.m. and it is expected they will adjourn into a teleconference Executive Session to discuss pending litigation.
PURSUANT TO GOVERNOR CUOMO’S EXECUTIVE ORDER No. 202.1, REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE OPEN MEETINGS LAW HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AND PUBLIC BODIES MAY MEET WITHOUT ALLOWING THE PUBLIC TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT. FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL, CITY HALL WILL REMAIN CLOSED. THE MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM VIDEO-CONFERENCING WITH NO IN-PERSON LOCATION AND WILL BE BROADCAST ON THE CITY WEBSITE. A FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE MEETING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT A FUTURE DATE.
City of Rye residents may participate in the public meeting via the zoom link below. A resident wishing to speak on a topic should raise his or her hand and, when admitted to speak, should provide name and home address, and limit comment to no more than three minutes.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or phone: (646) 558-8656 or (301) 715-8592 or (312) 626-6799
Webinar ID: 949 5587 8082
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 14 agenda items.
- 3Ps: Purchase Plaza Plan. Purchase Plaza update and action on cold weather plan.
- Show Me the Money (or What’s Left). Update on the City financial position.
- Over the Line. Rose/Bedrock Presentation regarding United Hospital property development.
- Delayed Blowing? Discussion of Leaf Blower Law status.
- Blue Review? Announcement of Police Review Committee.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Retiring Decision Until Another Meeting. Council consideration of a zoning petition from The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code Association to create a new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District. Public comment will be taken at a future date. Council will discuss latest submission, which is also available to the public, regarding petitioner’s response to previous comments. The public hearing and SEQRA discussion will be adjourned for a future date. No decisional action will be taken by the Council at this meeting.
- Best Win. Authorization for the City Manager to engage the law firm Best Best and Krieger to represent the City as a part of a coalition of communities that filed petitions challenging two FCC orders regarding small wireless cells. This is at a cost not to exceed $2,500.
- The Goonies. Consideration of a request from Monty Gerrish at Milton Point Provisions to use the City parking lot on Milton Rd. (next to Hewlett Ave.), “The Lane”, Saturday, October 24, 2020 from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm to host an outdoor movie to ticket holders. A maximum of 50 people will be allowed to attend and COVID restrictions will be followed.
- Optimistic Planning. Consideration of a request by the Rye YMCA for the use of City streets for the 33rd Annual Rye Derby on Sunday, April 25, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.